Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fishmonger

I will do this backwards. I will just say facts and then say at the end what I think.

Ophelia seems to need advice from Polonius and Laertes.
Laertes tells her to protect her heart which sounds like she is still innocent.
Polonius is whoring Ophelia out which means she probably has a connection to Hamlet on a level which is more than friends.
Hamlet tells her to go to a nunnery which seems to suggest that she could be sexually active.
Ophelia is startled by Hamlet's behavior but you never hear her complain which suggests a greater connection.
Ophelia is the opposite female of Gertrude and Gertrude definitely would have slept with him.
Out of every character to approach on his own, Hamlet approaches Ophelia.

I will say yes they had sex. I think it is hard to deny they have had sexual interactions but I think yes they had sex. I had facts for both and I do not think we will know. It would be easier to see if they had or had not based on body language and such but then the appearance verses reality thing comes in and changes that. I will say yes and I would enjoy to debate this.

Nextly tomorrow is hero day for me. I would like to talk about heroes.

No comments: